The Cogeco Fund Audience Choice Award is an award which gives the power to the people, allowing audiences everywhere to vote for their favourite Canadian series in television or digital media.
The award is administered by the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television in partnership with the Cogeco Fund. The winner will be announced during the Canadian Screen Awards on Sunday, April 16, 2023 only on CBC.
There are a total of four voting periods during which you may vote:
Voting Period 1: Tuesday, February 23, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET – Wednesday, March 1, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Online Voting with Original 10 contenders + Write-In option.
Voting Period 2: Monday, March 6, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET – Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Online Voting with Final 10 contenders.
Note: Voting totals reset at the start of this Voting Period, so that contenders from the Original 10 and write-in contenders start off on the same footing. This is the only time in the voting when vote totals will reset.
Voting Period 3: Friday, March 17, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET – Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Online Voting with Final 5 contenders.
Voting Period 4: Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 1:00 PM ET – Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 11:59 PM ET
Online Voting with Final 3 contenders.
Cogeco Fund Audience Choice Award winner announcement made on air during the 2023 Canadian Screen Awards on Sunday, April 16, 2023 on the CBC.
VOTING RULES & METHODS
- Place your vote by going to audiencechoice.ca or academy.ca/audiencechoice (the “Voting Website”). You will need to create a user profile in order to cast your vote by registering with your email. In an attempt to provide reliable policing of suspicious activity, we offer sign-in exclusively via email login. You agree that only existing personal or business email addresses will be used for the purposes of fan voting. Creating new emails for the sole purpose of voting for the Cogeco Fund Audience Choice Award is considered cheating, and any votes suspected of being cast in such a way will be disqualified.
- The write-in option is only available during the first round of voting to determine the Final 10.
- For voting Period 2, 3, and 4, please note that social media voting is no longer being tabulated and is no longer considered an eligible voting method. All voting must be done via the Voting Website using a registered email address.
- Voters are allotted 100 votes per day through the Voting Website. A “day” is defined as the 24 hours beginning at midnight ET each day. Please note that if you are not in the Eastern Time zone, your voting period will still be 24 hours long, but will be running from midnight Eastern Time.
- Votes are verified through our online portal. Our system counts the total votes per day per nominee. The system then adds those daily votes together for the overall amount in that round.
- Voting is open worldwide – there are no geo restrictions.
- Employees of the Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television, Smiley Guy Studios, or their affiliated companies, promotional partners, advertising agencies, and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, and parents, regardless of where they live) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to vote.